SETUP MENU (Basic heli setup)
The AR7210BX offers different type of menu structures for different needs of adjustment. Before the first flight the AR7210BX has to be adjusted to your helicopter mechanics and its components. This basic setup is done in the SETUP MENU.
Adjustment on the deviceIf not already done power up your radio and AR7210BX and wait until initialization sequence is finished. At first the system will calibrate to the radio system, Menu LEDs H to N will cycle up and down. During this time do not move the sticks on your radio as the system is learning the stick mid positions. In the second step the AR7210BX receiver checks if the sensors are working correctly and learns the sensor rest positions. Here Menu LEDs A to G will cycle up and down. During this time do not move the helicopter. When initialization is completed the Status LED will change to blue or purple color indicating the current gyro mode. If you can't get through the initialization sequence either because LEDs A-G or LEDs H-N don't stop cycling please read the FAQ. Note that during initialization pressing the button has no significant effect and you will not be able to enter any menu.
Now when the system is ready to operate press the button and hold it for at least 3 seconds. First the Menu-LED next to Menu Point A will begin to flash and then after a while will be solid. Now and only now you can release the button.
Proceed step by step through the different menu points reaching from A to N and perform the basic adjustment as described in the following. By briefly pushing the button at each step you will save the current setting and proceed to the next step. To leave the SETUP MENU you have to go through all menu points. After pushing the button at the last menu point (depending on installed firmware features and receiver type this either can be SETUP MENU point M or N or GOVERNOR MENU point F or H) you will exit the SETUP MENU and the system is ready for operation again.
- If you need to change some specific setting later onwards you can enter the SETUP MENU again as described above and skip menu points by only pressing the button without changing anything at these points. So you can navigate to the desired menu point by simply pressing the button several times until you reach this point. Then after you have finished the adjustment, again press the button repeatedly to proceed to the end of the menu and to get back into operation mode.
- In operation mode no MENU LED is glowing!
- Just for your info at this step: There is another menu called PARAMETER MENU. This is entered by just briefly pressing the button from operation mode. Here the Menu LEDs are flashing quickly. If you see this condition you've entered the wrong menu. Skip through the menu by repeatedly pressing the button until back in operation mode and then retry to enter SETUP MENU, this time holding the button longer so that Menu LED A lights solid!
When in SETUP MENU you can reset all settings of the device to their factory default value. To do so hold down the button at any menu point of SETUP MENU for at least 10 seconds, then release. After doing so you will not be able to fly anymore! You have to do all the basic heli setup again and also all the other settings from PARAMETER MENU will be reset!! There are 3 exceptions:
- When you press down and hold the button at Menu Point H (Servo trims) only the servo trims will be reset to 0. Holding the button will not cause a full factory reset here.
- For the settings of FUNCTION MENU there is no such factory reset intended. To change receiver output function assignment simply perform the setup of FUNCTION MENU again.
- The throttle Fail Safe/Smart Safe position can only be changed by performing the bind sequence.
In SETUP MENU we use the sticks of your transmitter to change settings and interact with the menu. Most often the rudder stick is used to change or adjust a value, i. e. choose the mounting direction of the device or trim a servo center position. And on the other hand the aileron stick (roll) is used to switch between menu items, i.e. cycle through the servos when doing the trimming. There can be exceptions, so sometimes the sticks simply do what they are supposed to do (i.e. pitch moves the pitch when doing the pitch adjustment), but notice that in general the menu control with rudder plus aileron is always the same. If not it will be mentioned in the instructions.
Basic setup with StudioXm
When StudioXm is started and your AR7210BX is connected to StudioXm choose Basic heli setup from the device overview page to enter the setup wizard, which will lead through the basic setup procedure of the SETUP MENU (note that the menu is only accessible after all settings have been loaded from the device and when the device is in operation mode! See general informations about StudioXm if you need further instructions). The options you see here are basically similar to the SETUP MENU points A to M you can change directly at the device, but there might be little differences because of the different nature of the interactive setup. The adjustment is basically done using the buttons or dials in the app, sometimes interaction with your transmitter is necessary. Click Next at the bottom of each setup step to skip to the following Menu Point. From the dropdown list at the top also you can directly access specific setup items if necessary, but for the first time setup it is recommended to proceed step-by-step beginning at Device Orientation and ending with Cyclic directions. Adjustment procedure in short words is described at each step. If necessary refer to this manual if you need further assistance. When the setup is finished click the Home button in the top left corner to get back to the overview screen or disconnect the device and deactivate the BLE2SYS module by clicking the Disconnect button in the top right corner when adjustment is finished completely.
Note: When you cannot access the menu options because the system does not finish initialization sequence, make sure the radio system is powered up and bound correctly!
Always disconnect your BLE2SYS from the app when you attempt to fly in order to deactivate the module or disconnect it physically from your MICROBEAST PLUS. When the module is active this can cause interference with your radio system as the BLE2SYS is also sending on the 2.4GHz band!
Make sure the AR7210BX receiver is in operation mode! When it is still in one of the adjustment menus the gyro control and the stick controls may be disabled and you will not be able to fully control your helicopter!