MICROBEAST PLUS and MICROBEAST PLUS HD
MICROBEAST PLUS is based on the popular MICROBEAST and starts the next level of the BEASTX flybarless revolution. MEMS sensors of the latest generation measure the aircraft‘s rotational movement with unprecedented precision and transmit the data digitally and in real time to the control system. These new sensors are insensitive to typical vibrations of a model helicopter. The casing made of plastic composite material keeps the weight of MICROBEAST PLUS sensationally low.
MICROBEAST PLUS HD is designed as „Heavy Duty“ version of MICROBEAST PLUS with an additional switchable high power input. It is particularly suitable for big electric and nitro or gas helicopters with standard sized servos and it reflects today‘s requirements for power supply like never before. The power supply port is realized by a well proven, high-quality connector and the casing is an aluminum composite construction. Regarding software MICROBEAST PLUS HD is not different to the smaller MICROBEAST PLUS.
| MICROBEAST PLUS
|| MICROBEAST PLUS HD
| Power supply connection
|| Standard servo ports
|| High power input
| On/Off Switch
|| Aluminum composite
The MICROBEAST PLUS devices are offered with different software that may include optional feature sets. At the moment there are offered two versions of V4 firmware: the basic version and the full featured Pro-Edition with RPM-Governor and AttitudeControl (click here for more infos). You can update devices with lower firmware version number and upgrade devices with a lower feature level at any time. As higher feature levels enhance the functionality of MICROBEAST PLUS we will charge some fee for these. Despite of the additional features there is no functional difference to the basic firmware. So if you don't need the additional features there is no must to buy them. Of course elementary software updates are free of charge.
MICROBEAST PLUS devices included in ALIGN T-Rex kits come with V4 Basic
firmware. You can upgrade / update these devices just like any other MICROBEAST PLUS device.
| Software version
| RPM Governor (Electro & Nitro)
| Upgrade Price
|| 99,- €
You can buy upgrades and request updates for your MICROBEAST PLUS using the update functionality of StudioX. For more information have a look here: StudioX overview.
NOTE: When switching from Version 3.x.x to Version 4.x.x you must change several setup parameters. Please refer to the V4 ProEdition AddonManual, the V4 Quickstart Manual or V4 Online Manual.
Firmware versions available
- special version for SPEKTRUM SRXL receivers with varying SRXL protocol implementations (i.e. AR9020, AR8010T, AR9030T, AR9320T)
- Basic functionality
- modified flight parameters and gain settings on cyclics according to our team pilots, giving a more stable and precise control
- limited function of control loop when heli is standing on the ground. This prevents from swash showing "weird movement" when doing some test on the work bench and prevents the heli from tilting by accident during take off.
- Internal RPM Governor
- softstart can be disabled using StudioX for use with ESC that have built in softstart, i.e. Castle Creations ESC in "External Governor Mode", ALIGN RCE-BL ESCs in "Heli linear mode/Heli mode 1" or other ESC with softstart (but no governor!)
- Added governor rpm display when switching into idle up showing the set rpm and actual rpm, giving a better clue to see if TX is setup correctly and what rpm the system is sensing (see: Governor usage)
- added vibration detection to prevent from using wrong sensor information when vibrations are disturbing the sensors (this can lead to AttitudeControl not leveling super accurate anymore, especially after a few flight minutes doing 3D flight and FFF, but should be accurate enough for leveling and saving the heli in case of emergency)
- modified stopping curve and stick fading when AttitudeControl is enabled; gives more precise stick control and more smooth heli movement; no more servo jumping during bench test
- modifiable stick angle in StudioX Expert Parameters for Flight trainer mode no acts as hard angular limit.
- Basic functionality
- JR DMSS satellite support (RJ01 remote satellite); connect satellite using the Spektrum satellite adapter
- systems with AR9020 fixed firmware only working with Ar9020 receivers (no receiver type selection here!)
- Bugfix: Spektrum DSMX satellites can also be used in 22ms mode, not only with 11ms frame rate
- Bugfix: initialization will not finish when Spektrum SRXL receiver is used and transmitter is still switched off
- Bugfix: tail rotation rates in HeadingLock mode can be set up to 1000deg/s by increasing servo throw of rudder channel
- Bugfix: Single-Line receiver can be connected to Microbeast PLUS even when receiver setup menu point B is opened already
- Internal RPM Governor
- optimized Governor control algorithm
- more options for tweaking the Governor by using StudioX Expert setting (Thrust and Cyclic FeedForward; Gain adjustment)
- more sensitive soft start for electric drives
- Safety feature: throttle lock during initialization phase; if throttle is high during and after init throttle will stay locked until it's lowered
- Transmitter throttle can be lower than set throttle low point also in electric governor mode. This allows to set low throttle point as close as possible the motor starting point but still throttle can be lower in the transmitter, i.e. when the ESC needs lower throttle values for initialisation or when ESC does stop motor at a lower throttle value.
- When failsafe throttle is lower than set throttle low point in electric governor mode, then failsafe throttle position will be used as autorotation bailout position instead of low throttle position. This is necessary for some ESC that start motor at the set lowest throttle value but stop motor only farther below this point (i.e. ALIGN RCE-BL45X ESC).
- increased maximum allowed value for fast rpm spool up/autorotation bail out for nearly instant regaining head speed (be careful: make sure rotor blade bolts are tight otherwise rotor blades may fold in when using very high spool up rate!)
- added more deadzone for throttle stick detection when performing throttle low/high position setup so these menu point can be skipped without detecting stick movement by accident
- Bugfix: StudioX will show the correct RPM Governor mode when system is still performing initialization sequence
- AttitudeVector initialization in any position (no need to keep the helicopter in upright position during power up, i.e. you can lay the heli to the side for initialization when it's windy)
- new feature for Bail out rescue mode: when inverted heli will be leveled in inverted hover first and then turned around only over roll axis. With this the loss of height typically is lower compared to immediately turning it around over all axis. Feature is on by default and can be switched off using StudioX Expert Settings.
- new feature for Bailout rescue and 3D-Mode: locking cyclic stick input when AttitudeControl is enabled (Warning: Be very careful! Use at your own risk. Be aware that the system can fail due to different external factors). Feature is off by default and can be switched on using StudioX Expert Settings.
- new feature for Flight trainer mode: Change tilt maximum tilt angle (stick scale) using StudioX Expert Settings. Default is 45°. As the tilt angle is directly depending on stick input you may increase or decrease the angle here in case the transmitter is only not sending 100% stick output, i.e. when using dual rate function to limit rotation rates in normal flight.
- Normal-Rate tail gyro mode now available even when AttitudeControl is used. But only when AttitudeControl is controlled by separate switch channel!
- Tail gyro gain and AttitudeControl now have similar display scale, so i.e. 50% gyro gain will show the same letter as 50% AttitudeControl gain
- removed resetting of AttitudeControl mode and Governor mode when changing receiver setup
- optimized pitch management during turn around in Bail out rescue mode with pitch
- optimized stick fading for Bail out rescue and 3D - Mode, so flying around even when one of these modes is switched on feels more natural
- no pitch management once the heli was leveled in Bail out rescue or 3D - Mode with pitch and when flying around while one of these modes is still enabled
- The internal RPM Governor can be used for electric and glow helicopters. It has built in soft start and autorotation bail out function. The control it quite similar to electric speed controllers with governor function, so you simply set your throttle curves as switches for "motor off", "headspeed 1", "headspeed 2" and "autorotation bailout". Adjusting complex throttle curves is not necessary anymore and the helicopter will maintain the specified rotor head speed over the whole flight. Optional the nitro governor can be also used in classic style with throttle curves and a separate switch for governor/rpm control.
- AttitudeControl overs different modes of self leveling. These are "Bailout rescue mode", "3D-Mode" and "Flight trainer mode" with angular limitation. Basically when you activate the AttitudeControl it will turn your helicopter back to level position when you release the sticks. Some modes additionaly apply collective pitch input and lock your thrust stick in the ground direction. So the unit will turn your helicopter and keep it leveled in hovering flight regardless of how the pilot moves the stick.
- supports new SRXL receiver types: Spektrum SRXL and Multiplex SRXL V2
- added rudder servo sub trim feature
- changed Status LED colors at Setup menu point M (Sensor directions) to be similar to MICROBEAST version 3.0.12
- safety feature for Receiver setup menu: to change/setup receiver type and channel assignment you must go through the complete menu otherwise nothing will change
- Bugfix: receiver channel initialisation could cause unit to start without stick control