MICROBEAST ULTRA - What's that?
MICROBEAST ULTRA is a gyro system which is used to stabilize and control your flybarless RC Helikopter on all three flight axis. It can be used with many different types of helicopters like 3D aerobatic helis, F3C competition helicopters as well as scale helicopters with 2 or more rotorblades. MICROBEAST ULTRA ist the successor of the well proven MICROBEAST PLUS, featuring a modern ARM Cortex M4 microcontroller with lots of processing power. Like MICROBEAST PLUS the system comes with basic flybarless stabilization functionality and can be upgraded for additional features by paid update.
Please note: MICROBEAST ULTRA is also sold as MICROBEAST². These devices shipped with ALIGN® TRex helicopters are identical to MICROBEAST ULTRA. Just the labeling is different.
- wide input voltage range from 4 to 9 Volts
- supports nearly all types of radio systems with conventional receiver wiring as well as lots of different serial signal receivers like SBUS, XBUS, EXBUS, iBus, UDI, SRXL, SRXL2, FRSky F.Port, SPPM, SUMD, Spektrum/JR/ALIGN remote satelites
- preset swash plate mixing for mCCPM and 90, 120, 140 eCCPM + fully customizable swash mixing with up to 4 swash plate servos and virtual phasing for scale helicopters
- swash plate servo update rate with up to 300Hz
- integrated tail gyro with torque precompensation ("RevoMix") supports all types of rudder servos with 760, 960 and 1500(1520)µs pulse width and up to 560Hz update rate
- integrated head speed governor for electric and nitro/gas driven helicopters (requires rpm sensor pickup or esc with rpm signal output)
- AttitudeControl for recue bailout or constant leveling
- Bank Switching which allows to change between different parameter presets in flight to serve different flight conditions or flying styles
- Telemetry which transforms your MICROBEAST ULTRA into a hub for processing incoming and outgoing telemetry data
If you like, you can directly get the "ProEdition" upgrade. This unlocks all features at once at a fair pricing.
To setup MICROBEAST ULTRA there is no need for any additional devices. All you need is your radio system and your helicopter. Thanks to the well proven EasySetup system you can do all the necessary adjustment directly at the device and in very short time. If you like to get more insight into the system and like to have a more visualized type of setup you can also use the StudioX App for PC/Mac/Smartphone/Tablet in combination with USB2SYS or BLE2SYS interface (optional available). These apps are the source to get even more out of your device like saving/restoring paramaters, firmware updates, loading preset heli configurations and making advanced adjustment to fully customize MICROBEAST ULTRA to your needs.
Firmware version 5.5.x
Please note that these instructions are only valid for MICROBEAST ULTRA firmware version 5.5.x and above!
The firmware version can be detected by connecting your device with the StudioX App. Also you can directly read from the LED display of the device what firmware version it is running: After power up when the Status-LED lights in red color, for a few seconds the Menu-LEDs A to G display the first digit of the firmware version and the LEDs H to N indicate the second digit.
|Version 5.5.x||Version 5.6.x||Version 5.7.x|
|Basic firmware||Telemetry firmware||ProEdition firmware|
|Upgrade Price||-||59,- €||99,- €|